Christened: Kate Michelle Ruth Seibold
Nickname(s): “Katie” mostly, “Zum” by my sister, “Katie Cricket” & “Katie Baby” by Dad and more recently by the milers “Pocari”.
PBs 4:23:26 1500m, 9:23 3000m, 10:27:66 3000mSC, 16:26 5000m, 34:12 10,000m, 77:45 half, 2:44:11 Full marathon
Vital stats (2016): Age 41, Height 165cm, Weight 52kg
When I first joined the milers: 2001
Years running: I was a whippet in primary school. I loved beating the boys. My first fun run wasn’t until 1997. I went out hard and had to walk multiple times. I would keep getting the lead back when I resumed running. I finished 3rd in the end. I signed up for a club at the end of this race. Getting coaching advice, doing sessions and joining AV then started….
Running highlights: Numerous (and in no order):
- The call from AA asking if I’d like to represent Australia. That’s now happened 13 times, but the first call was the best.
- I exceeded my expectations (that’s rare) when I broke 16:30 for 5k.
- Coming 3rd in the City to Surf. I felt like that was my first break through run.
- Being part of the Prime Ministers team of the Future initiative and joining John Howard for morning tea at Kirribilli House
- Running has been the impetus for me to travel the world. I have completed 8 marathons across 5 continents.
Main achievements include:
Running lowlight: Nearly crawling to cross the finish line in the Nairobi Marathon. I didn’t realise at the time I had malaria.
Favourite session: Ganly, 1k or 3min reps.
Favourite meal: Chargrilled eye fillet with a glass of red.
Most important things to me: Family, Health, Friends, Security, Travel.